At work, we were talking about work-life balance and different habits that we could implement to enhance self-care. Here is the list one of my more hilarious colleagues came up with.
- Self-appreciation: Buy a gift for myself with a minimum value of $50 each day
- Counting Blessings: Each day, think of one person in my life who has it worse off than me. Be thankful I am not them.
- Forgiveness: Each day, think of one person who makes my life more challenging because of their stupidity. Forgive them.
- Dining Exploration: Explore the menu at McDonalds – eat at least three new items off their menu, per day.
- Altruism Exercise: Each day, attempt to impose one of my own personal values on someone else.
- Self-care: Say no to someone – every day.
- Undercover Philanthropist: Each day, tell a complete stranger an idea you have on how they can improve their physical appearance.